Sunday, August 9

Brush with Death

I crumpled, I was loosing energy, and blood, at an alarming rate. I had cuts, bruises, mostly from contact with the ground immidiately after contact with a piece of dragon, and acid burns. Monosai noticed, and rushed to my side, picking me up, which was odd, considering I weighed more than she did. She hoisted my body off the ground, and took off into the air. The dragon followed us into the trees, and if it weren't for the thick trunks, it would have caught us immidiately. Monosai dodged the trunks quickly, and the dragon couldn't hope to have the same luck. Then Monosai crashed, falling on top of me, her armor making her much heavier than she really was. The dragon crashed into the same tree, and there was a loud cracking noise, like thunder. The tree fell towards us, and Monosai jumped back into the air. We headed towards Teak, and soon the gate came into veiw. Monosai atempted to fly over the wall, but with my added weight, she couldn't gain the altitude. If I hadn't known another way in, I would have told her to leave me, or that's what I liked to think, but I did, and I said so. "My den," I murmered. "Where is it?" Monosai inquired. "The north-east corner." Monosai took me there, and we entered my den through a hole in the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment